PLEASE READ THIS CODE OF CONDUCT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR MAKER SPACES.
An Eagle Labs Maker Space, our Services and any Equipment must all be used in accordance with this Code of Conduct. Please read the following rules carefully and make sure that you comply with them at all times. If you do not agree to the Terms of this Code of Conduct, please do not use one of our Eagle Labs Maker Spaces.
What to do when using our Eagle Labs Maker Spaces or the Equipment:
- Comply with all of our health and safety and security policies at all times. A copy of these will be provided to you as part of your health and safety induction and training, and are available from each Eagle Labs Maker Space at any time on request.
- Tell a member of staff immediately if you become aware of any risk or danger relating to an Eagle Labs Maker Space or Equipment being used and follow any instructions given to you.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, codes and industry standards relevant to your use of an Eagle Labs Maker Space (including any Equipment) or Your Product.
- Tell us immediately about any accident, near miss or malfunction of the Equipment.
- Follow our instructions at all times when using Equipment.
- Respect all members of staff and other users at all times when using an Eagle Labs Maker Space.
- Leave Eagle Labs Maker Spaces in a clean and tidy condition.
- Reduce your environmental impact when designing Your Product and/or using an Eagle Labs Maker Space by taking steps to minimise waste and recycle paper, cardboard, cans, bottles and other materials where you can.
What not to do when using our Eagle Labs Maker Spaces or the Equipment:
- Don't use Eagle Labs Maker Spaces to do anything or make anything illegal or conduct any fraudulent activity.
- Don't use Eagle Labs Maker Spaces to do anything or make anything that is obscene, inappropriate, age-restricted or that could otherwise damage our reputation (such as offensive weapons, pornography, gambling, smoking and vaping, or toxic substances).
- Don't use, do or store anything in the Eagle Labs Maker Spaces that is or is likely to be dangerous to any person.
- Don't use or store any goods which have been illegally imported into the UK in Eagle Labs Maker Spaces (for example, goods imported without payment of duty) or goods not authorised for use in the European Union and/or the UK.
- Don't use the Equipment in a way that could damage it or stop it from working, or affect our systems or those of other users in the Eagle Labs Maker Spaces.
- Don't continue to use Equipment if you have experienced a malfunction or you have any concern as to its safe operation and notify a member of staff immediately.
- Don't damage, alter or rearrange any part of the Eagle Labs Maker Spaces or the Equipment.
- Don't act inappropriately towards our staff or other users or otherwise disturb the professional work environment in the Eagle Labs Maker Spaces (for example, by being rude, disruptive, disorderly, abusive, intimidating, discriminatory, derogatory or aggressive).
- Don't offer bribes or rewards to any member of our staff.
- Don't do anything that we tell you not to.
- Don't consume alcohol prior to or while using any Equipment.
- Don't sell or supply, or allow the sale or supply of alcohol to children under the age of 18 or any person who is intoxicated in Eagle Labs Maker Spaces.
- Don't allow a person under the age of 18 to consume, sell or supply alcohol in Eagle Labs Maker Spaces.
- Don't allow children under the age of 18 to be in Eagle Labs Maker Spaces unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older.
- Don't share or allow someone else to use your membership details.
- Don't represent yourself as working for us or for Eagle Labs Maker Spaces and don't represent that you have any connection with us other than as an Eagle Labs Maker Spaces user.
- Don't take photos or videos in or of an Eagle Labs Maker Space or use any photos or videos taken in or of an Eagle Labs Maker Space in any marketing material or on any website or social media platform without our prior consent.
- Don't use our name, logos or branding, or those of any other member of Barclays Group, in association with you, your business or Your Product, without our prior consent.
- Don’t knowingly infringe the intellectual property of any third party when developing Your Product, hosting an event or using the facilities at the Eagle Labs Maker Spaces.
What to do when hosting events in Eagle Labs Maker Spaces:
- If you would like to host an event in an Eagle Labs Maker Space, make sure you obtain our prior permission, especially if you are planning on making alcohol available at the event and/or are intending to use external services for the event, including but not limited to catering services.
- Only allow persons aged 18 and older to attend the event if alcohol will be served. If no alcohol will be served, persons under the age of 18 may attend the event if they are supervised by a person aged 18 or older.
- Ensure that you and all attendees must comply with this Code of Conduct, and especially its terms relating to alcohol, at all times.
- Comply with any instructions from us prior to or during the event.
- Leave the Eagle Labs Maker Space in a clean and tidy condition after the event has finished.
If you see any behaviour that you feel goes against this Eagle Labs Maker Space Code of Conduct, please share your concern by reporting it to a member of Eagle Labs Maker Space staff. We will always keep your report anonymous to other users.
A failure to follow the Eagle Labs Maker Space Conduct of Conduct may in any way result in cancellation of your membership and/or immediate, temporary or permanent, expulsion from the Eagle Labs Maker Space at our discretion.