Nominations are now open for Barclays seventh annual Entrepreneur Awards, showcasing the best of British Entrepreneurship. The Awards shines a spotlight on disruptors, game changers and those challenging the status quo who underpin the UK entrepreneurial eco system.
Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue' does not contain a definition for 'preview' at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object ) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1[T0,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object ) at AspNetCoreGeneratedDocument.Views_Partials_grid_editors_embed.ExecuteAsync() in /home/runner/work/Barclays.EagleLabs/Barclays.EagleLabs/src/Application.Web/Views/Partials/grid/editors/embed.cshtml:line 19 at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Razor.RazorView.RenderPageCoreAsync(IRazorPage page, ViewContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Razor.RazorView.RenderPageAsync(IRazorPage page, ViewContext context, Boolean invokeViewStarts) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Razor.RazorView.RenderAsync(ViewContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ViewFeatures.HtmlHelper.RenderPartialCoreAsync(String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData, TextWriter writer) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ViewFeatures.HtmlHelper.PartialAsync(String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at AspNetCoreGeneratedDocument.Views_Partials_grid_editors_base.ExecuteAsync() in /home/runner/work/Barclays.EagleLabs/Barclays.EagleLabs/src/Application.Web/Views/Partials/grid/editors/base.cshtml:line 11
Barclays is proud to celebrate these incredible entrepreneurs and their unique journeys, which places the UK at the forefront of the global start up scene. From idea to IPO the UK’s entrepreneurial spirit is at the heart of the awards. The prestigious award’s ceremony later this year, will highlight founders and their businesses, drawn from across the country, who have taken the bold step steps to start, scale and in some cases exit their business to start again.
The Barclays Entrepreneur Awards consist of eight award categories, ranging from start-up through to sustainable success. A number of Barclays partners who provide services to help businesses thrive have also taken the opportunity to sponsor a category.
Katherine Morgan, Head of High Growth & Entrepreneurs Proposition at Barclays, said: “The awards are a celebration of the incredible journey each and every entrepreneur takes, when choosing to start their businesses. The energy, determination, leadership and courage to create some of the UKs most innovative and socially impactful businesses is truly inspirational. This is our opportunity to celebrate these founders, their business and the economic and social change they drive.”
This year for the first time we will be adding two new award categories, our Games Award in addition to our new Sustainability Award. So often it’s the entrepreneurial community through their exceptional innovation who drive the agenda for change. This is incredibly powerful and rightly needs to be recognised as we look to a more sustainable future across the UK and globally.
Previous winner of the Scale-up Award (2021) Itch pet care added: “To be recognised by the Barclays Entrepreneur Awards is not only a huge honour, but also a testament to the hard work, dedication and passion of our 80 strong itch team.”
Brent Hoberman CBE, and winner of the Outstanding Contribution to Entrepreneurship Award (2021) commented: “It’s wonderful to get the acknowledgment and for something we just love doing. I feel very lucky to have that as a job and very lucky to have been honoured in this way by Barclays so thank you.”
Full list of Awards categories
Multiple nominations can be submitted across eight different categories detailed.
- Start-Up Award, sponsored by FreshBooks: entrepreneurs who have started new, fast-growing businesses.
- Scale up Award, sponsored by Propel: entrepreneurs whose businesses are growing on a rapid scale.
- Social Award, sponsored by Smart Pension: entrepreneurs whose companies have delivered transformative social or environmental change.
- International Expansion Award, sponsored by Barclays: businesses that have established an impressive trading footprint and market growth in international markets over the last three years.
- Sustainability Award, sponsored by MarketFinance: for the positive impact ESG based entrepreneurs have on society and the wider economy.
- Games Award, in partnership with Barclays: for entrepreneurs and disruptive games companies who have shown real innovation and created games, products or services that have positively impacted the games industry or community.
- The Barclaycard Next Level Award: recognises the entrepreneurs/businesses that have overcome a significant challenge or grabbed their big business growth moment.
- Eagle Labs Innovation Award: companies that have demonstrated impact through digital empowerment and innovative collaboration.
Nominations can be submitted online at Barclays Entrepreneur Awards 2022 until midnight on Friday 1st July 2022. Applicants can consider entering for multiple awards across categories that range from the Start-up Entrepreneur Award which is for a founder of a business with propensity for scale – to The Social Entrepreneur Award for those who are positively driving social and environmental change with their business. Terms and conditions apply.
For further details of Barclays Partner services; Freshbooks, Propel, Smart Pension and Market Finance, please visit here.