Last updated on 31July 2020.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
1. Who we are and how to contact us
https://labs.barclays ("Website") is a site operated by Barclays Bank UK PLC ("we", "us" or "our"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 9740322 and have our registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP. We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number: 759676).
We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (UK branches only).
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
2. Acceptance of these terms
References to "you" or "your" are references to any individual or business accessing our Website.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
We may amend these terms from time to time, including adding new rules or terms governing use of or access to certain parts of our Website. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. Your continued use of our Website will constitute your acceptance of any changes.
3. Other terms that may apply to you
Please note that these terms will apply in addition to terms applying to other Barclays products and services.
4. Modification, suspension or withdrawal of our Website
We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our offering, our users' needs, our business priorities or for any other reason.
You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such change, suspension or withdrawal of our Website.
5. Use of Our Website
This site is not directed to, nor intended for distribution or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where the publication or availability of this site or such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation. If you choose to access information on this site, it is your responsibility to comply with the applicable local, national or international laws in your country of residence.
The use of our Website by anyone under the age of 16 is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian.
6. Our intellectual property
Except for any user generated content that you upload onto our Website, to which you retain all ownership rights in accordance with Section 13 below, unless otherwise specified we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in or on our Website and its content, including but not limited to copyright and unregistered and registered trade mark rights. All such rights are reserved and the benefit of any goodwill which arises through your use inures to us.
You may print and/or download extracts of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website. You may not use any part of the content on our Website for any other purposes without our prior permission.
You must not modify any of our Website materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, or use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
7. Acceptable Use of the Website
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect, including in any way that might breach of the terms relating to Security below.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Community Guidelines (see below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- In any way which undermines or negatively impacts our Website or any of the interactive services made available on it.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of our Website;
- Any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
When we consider, in our discretion, that a breach of this term has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including without limitation:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content or information uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
8. Rules about linking to our Website
You may link to pages from our Website, on your own website or social media platform, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not in our reasonable opinion damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way in our reasonable opinion as to be likely to deceive any person or suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Website on any website that is not owned by you.
Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than as set out above.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice at any time and for any reason, in which case you must remove any links to our Website within 24 hours of notification.
We accept no liability for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, from your failure to comply with these Rules about linking to our Website.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for prior permission. Please also contact us at email@example.com if you see any linking activity which is contrary to this Rules about linking to our Website section.
You may access certain areas of our Website without registering your details with us and without us recording any of your personal information. However, in order to access certain areas of our Website (see details on Interactive Services at Section 11 below) you will need to register as a member.
Please contact us using the Eagle Labs Contact Form at https://labs.uk.barclays if you would like to become a member. An Eagle Labs Ecosystem Manager will provide you with an online link. Please follow this link to register your application for membership. Membership applications will only be accepted from companies and individuals who have an existing relationship with the Eagle Labs business.
Membership of our Website by individuals is only available for individuals aged 16 or over.
We are not obliged to approve your application. All new applications to become a member of our Website will be subject such validation as we determine is appropriate, which may include checking profile details submitted and an applicant's use history of Eagle Labs Maker Spaces. We reserve the right to accept or reject an application at our sole discretion. In the event that an application is rejected, no correspondence will be entered into regarding the grounds for rejection.
We may require further information to validate your details before granting you membership, and we may revoke or limit your access to our Website or our approval at any time at our sole and absolute discretion and without incurring any liability.
10. You must keep your account details safe
If we grant you access to an otherwise restricted area of our Website as a member, you must treat your login details as confidential and not permit or enable another person to use them, except to the extent expressly permitted by us as part of a corporate membership. All actions (including unauthorised actions, provided they are not through a fault of ours) conducted using your login details shall be deemed to be conducted by you, and you shall therefore be responsible for those actions.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your login details, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or notify an Eagle Labs Ecosystem Manager (or another member of the Eagle Labs staff, appointed for such purpose), and cease using the details to access our Website.
11. Interactive services
We provide the following interactive services on our Website:
- Our Members Directory, which allows members to share information about themselves and their business (and employees) via online profiles and to connect with other members. Member profiles may not be verified by our staff prior to listing in the Members Directory. We have the right to refuse to include your profile in the Members Directory if it does not comply with our terms on Acceptable Use of the Website and Community Guidelines. This service is available to members only;
- Our Mentor service, which allows members to book slots with business mentors. While we will endeavour to facilitate your access to mentor support, we cannot guarantee that mentors will always be available. Support provided by mentors is not intended to amount to professional advice and should not be relied on as such. Mentors may be independent third parties and, by using the Mentor service, you acknowledge and accept that we have no control over the information or guidance provided. Views and opinions expressed by mentors do not represent our views and opinions and we accept no liability arising from any information or guidance provided. This service is available to members only;
- Our Educational and Business Support Content, which provides access for all users to podcasts, articles, live streaming of events, videos of past events and other learning resources to promote business growth. Any ability to comment on such content is restricted to members only. Where content is provided by third party organisations, additional terms and conditions may apply; and
together the "interactive services".
12. Community Guidelines
These Community Guidelines apply to any and all information or content that you contribute to our Website ("contribution"), including in any profile information created by you and as part of any interactive services.
The Community Guidelines must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
We accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or suitability of any contribution. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not represent our views or values.
A contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts), and not incomplete or misleading in any way.
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, codes and industry standards.
- Be respectful of all Eagle Labs staff, mentors and other users of our Website at all times.
A contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person, inappropriate, rude, obscene, offensive, age-restricted, threatening, abusive, hateful or inflammatory or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or otherwise contain anything that could damage our reputation (such as pornography, gambling, smoking and vaping, or toxic substances).
- Advocate, promote or incite violence, terrorism or any other illegal activity, including without limitation copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Offers bribes or rewards to any Eagle Labs staff, mentor or other user.
- Be likely to deceive any person, impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, including us.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Give the impression that the contribution emanates from or is endorsed by or associated with us, if this is not the case.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
User generated content may not be subject to moderation prior to being uploaded or posted on our Website. Notwithstanding, at any time, we may determine, in our discretion, whether a contribution breaches these Community Guidelines. We reserve the right to remove any contribution which we determine breaches these Community Guidelines.
If you wish to complain about information and content uploaded by other users please use the Eagle Labs Contact Form at https://labs.uk.barclays, selecting "complaint" in the drop-down menu.
13. Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
Whilst you retain all ownership rights in any content you generate by uploading or posting content to our Website, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable licence to the copyright and other intellectual property rights in such content for any purpose we consider appropriate including, without limitation, copying, modifying, hosting, sending, distributing, displaying, featuring in marketing materials promoting Eagle Labs or publishing the same, except where restricted by law.
In the event that a third party also has rights to the content, you must ensure that all necessary consents and/or licences are obtained from that third party, prior to uploading it to our Website.
You can end the licence for specific content by deleting such content from our Website, or by terminating your membership (if applicable), except that you acknowledge that where your content has been featured in any marketing and/or promotional materials for our Website, we shall not be required to withdraw such materials, nor can the licence end immediately if you shared such content with others and they copied, re-shared it or stored it. The ending of your licence is also subject to the reasonable time it takes to remove the content from backups and other systems.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Unless otherwise stated, information and content that you share or post may be seen by other users of the Website. Where we have made settings available, we will honour the choices you make about who can see content or information.
You agree that we shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality to you regarding any information or content uploaded to our Website, unless agreed otherwise between us in writing or as required by law, therefore you should not upload any information which is confidential or sensitive in nature.
15. Do not rely on information on this site
Although we have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information provided on our Website is accurate, we give no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any such information. We accept no liability, no matter how that may be caused, arising from any information that is not accurate, up to date or complete.
All information contained on the Website:
- is made available for information purposes only, on a non-reliance basis and is subject to change without notice;
- is general in nature and does not take into account any specific investment objectives, financial situation o particular needs of any particular person accessing our Website;
- is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. In particular, nothing contained on our Website constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice and is not to be relied on in making an investment or other decision;
- Is not intended to form the basis of any investment decision and we are not responsible for assessing the knowledge and experience or suitability of the information provided to those accessing our Website, nor are we providing or arranging for the provision of any specialist advice, including legal, regulatory, structuring, actuarial, accounting, model auditing or taxation advice or services in relation to any information made available on our Website;
- Has not been verified where provided by third parties and has been accepted as complete, true, fair, accurate and not misleading (in hosting such information on our Website neither we nor any of our directors, officers, employees, representatives or agents, accepts any liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential losses (in contract, tort or otherwise) arising from the use or reliance on the information contained on our Website); and
- Has not been reviewed or approved by any regulatory authority.
Before making any decision based on information made available on our Website you might wish to obtain professional or specialist advice. The decision to proceed with any transaction or action contemplated must be made by you in the light of the above and your own commercial assessments and we will not be responsible for such assessments.
16. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Website contains hypertext links to third-party internet websites and resources, such links are not an endorsement by us of such websites or of any of the products, services or information you may obtain from them.
You use such links entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility or liability for the content, use or availability of such websites. We have not verified the truth or accuracy of any content of such websites.
Those websites or resources may have their own terms, conditions and policies, and it is your duty to ensure that you comply with them. We accept no liability, no matter how that may be caused, for any failure on your part to view, comply or familiarise with any such terms, conditions and policies.
We do not guarantee that our Website will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use, nor that it will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website in any way, including without limitation by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, as amended or replaced from time to time. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
You will indemnify us to the fullest extent possible for any loss or damage suffered by us which arises out of or in connection with a breach of this term.
18. How we may use your personal information
19. Ending your membership
You can end your membership with us at any time by selecting the ‘Delete Account' option within the drop-down menu available to members on our Website. Your access to the sections of the Website restricted to members only will terminate as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving such termination notice. You will still be able to access those sections of our Website capable of being viewed by all users, should you choose to.
- you put us in a position where we might break a law, regulation, code or other duty that applies to us;
- you provide any false information at any time;
- you commit (or attempt) fraud against us, other users of our Website or someone else;
- you use (or allow someone else to use) your membership illegally or for criminal activity;
- you inappropriately let someone else use your membership details to access the members-only sections of our Website;
- you behave in a threatening or abusive manner to any of our staff (including business mentors and staff at any Eagle Labs or Eagle Labs Maker Spaces), other members or users of our Website, or other users of any Eagle Labs or Eagle Labs Maker Spaces;
- you otherwise breach our Eagle Labs Code of Conduct (https://labs.barclays/codeofconduct) in any way when using an Eagle Labs Maker Space; our Services or any Equipment (as defined in such Code of Conduct);
- you knowingly infringe the intellectual property of us or any third party; or
- you use our name, logo or branding (or those of any other member of the Barclays Group) in association with you or your business, or you hold yourself or your business out as being associated with us (including working for us), without our consent.
20. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user of our Website:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user (meaning that you are accessing our Website and the interactive services provided on it for purposes relating to a trade, business, craft or profession):
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with your:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website;
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website., including but not limited to that made available through the interactive services;
- contact with other users of our Website, including connections made through the Members Directory; or
- use of or reliance on any advice or guidance offered by business mentors through our Mentor service.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user (meaning that you are accessing our Website and the interactive services provided on it for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside of a trade, business, craft or profession):
- Please note that if you are a consumer, access to our Website is provided for personal use only. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements for such device.
22. Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
We want to hear from you if you feel unhappy with our Website. This gives us the opportunity to put matters right and improve our service to all our users.
If you’re unhappy with something
If you're unhappy with our Website or feel we have done something wrong, please contact us and give us the chance to investigate and resolve the matter. This also helps us improve our service for all customers.
If you remain unhappy
If after we have investigated you’re still unhappy, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) which is a free, independent service for resolving disputes between customers and financial services institutions. If you're eligible to make a complaint to the FOS, you'll need to contact them within 6 months of our final response letter. They may ask to see the letter so please keep it safe.
Phone: 0800 023 4567 (helpline), +44 20 7964 0500 (from abroad), (18002) 020 7964 1000 (Calls using next generation text relay)
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Online Dispute Resolution
The European Commission has set up an alternative online dispute resolution platform (ODR Platform) to help customers resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) who have bought goods or services online from traders established in the EEA. You can use the ODR Platform to discuss a solution with a trader (or if you are a trader, to discuss a solution with a consumer if they are based in Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg or Poland) or to agree on a dispute resolution body to handle your case (including the FOS).You can submit your complaint online at https://ec.europa.eu/odr.
If you applied for your product or service with us online and want to use the ODR Platform, you will need the following information when submitting your complaint:
Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB