Sarah Friar, CEO of Nextdoor speaks to Adrian Doran from Barclays and shares her story and her passion for mentoring and supporting the next generation of female founders and founders from under-represented communities.
We were delighted to have been joined by Sarah Friar, CEO of Nextdoor, on International Women’s Day 2021 as she shared her own journey from Northern Ireland to San Francisco, via Ghana(!) and how her early experiences of communities led her to her current role as CEO of Nextdoor.
Note: The video playback is around 60 minutes.
If you want to skip to the parts you’re interested in, here’s a timeline of the discussion:
- Welcome from Eagle Labs
- Introduction by Adrian Doran, Head of Corporate Banking for Barclays in Northern Ireland
- Interview with Sarah Friar, CEO of Nextdoor, discussing
- 00:02:46 - Driving forces behind the ambition
- 00:12:19 – Moving from Goldmans and working with Jack Dorsey
- 00:18:29 - Diversity in Silicon Valley
- 00:24:11 - Motivation for Ladies Who Launch
- 00:30:36 – Leaving Square & joining Nextdoor as CEO
- 00:39:05 - Q&A