A roundup of recent startup and small business updates from GOV.UK.
Read time: 1 minute
- Eligibility criteria updated for several coronavirus grants
- How to correct errors on your VAT deferral scheme
- New video detailing how to claim SEISS.
Government guidance has been updated to reflect changes to several coronavirus grant schemes, the VAT deferral scheme, the Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment scheme, and more.
The most significant change is that eligibility criteria has been updated across several coronavirus grant schemes. If your business has been affected by the national restriction period from 5 January 2021 onwards, check your eligibility below:
- The Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG)
- Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment (CBLP)
- The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
Those who need to correct errors on VAT returns relating to the VAT payments deferral scheme can find the latest guidance here.
Elsewhere, the government has released a data-rich news article providing a summary of economic support given to businesses, with a regional breakdown on CBILS and the Bounce Back Loans. A new YouTube video explaining how to claim the Coronavirus Self-Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS) has also been added to the Covid-19 help and support page.