Barclays Funding Readiness Programme powered by Capital Enterprise
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Funding Readiness Programme (the Programme) delivered in conjunction with Capital Enterprise.
The following sets out the terms and conditions covering your application to join, and participate in if selected, the Programme (Terms). By sending an application form for the Programme to Barclays Eagle Labs, you (as a Participant) are agreeing to these Terms with Barclays Bank UK PLC (we, us, our).
If you are a member of Barclays’ Eagle Labs, these Terms are in addition to your Eagle Labs membership terms.
If you have any questions about the Programme or these Terms, please contact us at Eagle Labs.
Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms, unless otherwise stated or unless the context otherwise requires, each capitalised term will have the meaning set out below:
Application Form means the electronic form to be complete by all Programme applicants;
Commencement Date means the date you submit a completed Application Form in accordance with the Programme;
Confidential Information means in relation to either party to these Terms any and all information in whatever form (including personal data), whether in oral, tangible or in documented form, that (i) is by its nature confidential; or (ii) the other party knows or ought to know is confidential; or (iii) is designated by a party as confidential, and is disclosed to or otherwise learnt, acquired or developed by the other party in connection with these Terms;
Data Protection Legislation means the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications 2002/58/EC, Commission decisions and guidance and all national implementing legislation, and all other applicable laws and regulations relating to data protection and privacy in any jurisdiction in which the Deliverables and/or Services are being provided or the personal data is being processed where personal data, process and data controller have the meanings given to them by the Data Protection Legislation;
Demo Day means the private demonstration event to be held during the Programme;
Feedback means your feedback on the Programme Materials including any ideas, innovations, solutions and improvements for our products and services, which may be gathered in person, in writing or via digital channels;
Insights means information, data and other insights gathered by Barclays or Capital Enterprise from your use of Programme Materials and involvement in the Programme;
Intellectual Property Rights means copyright, trade marks, rights in inventions, patents, rights in and to confidential information (including trade secrets and know-how) and all other intellectual property rights, in each case subsisting at any time in any part of the world;
Programme Materials mean the Programme, its content, as well as any other information, data, documents and materials you are provided with during the Programme;
Programme Output means a Participant’s outputs, ideas, creations and materials developed during the Programme; and
Term means the period starting on the Commencement Date and ending 12 months later.
In consideration of the performance by both the Participant and Barclays of their obligations and responsibilities as set out in these Terms, Barclays will allow the Participant to apply to (and participate in if selected) the Programme, and the Participant agrees to act in accordance with these Terms regardless of whether their application to join the Programme is successful.
Commencement and Term
These Terms shall commence on the Commencement Date and continue for the Term unless terminated earlier in accordance with these Terms. Regardless of how these Terms have ended certain provisions (set out in clause 14.4) will continue to apply.
Criteria to participate in the Programme
To participate in the Programme, you must (i) be over 18 years old; (ii) be based in the UK; (iii) have been informed in writing by Barclays or Capital Enterprise that you have been accepted on to the Programme.
- We will assess all applications to participate in the Programme following completion of the Application Form and you will be notified by email by Capital Enterprise if you have been selected to participate in the Programme, including any joining instructions. There are limits on the spaces available, therefore you may not be selected for the Programme or may not get selected for additional support in workshops or one to one’s. If you are unsuccessful, we will inform you by email; but we will be under no obligation to explain why you have been unsuccessful.
- Our partner Capital Enterprise run the Programme in conjunction with us and they will provide you with any materials relevant to the Programme.
- Barclays’ and Capital Enterprise role in the Programme will include facilitating the sessions and workshops, which may be provided at either specified venues or through digital channels (with the means of provision of the Programme determined by Barclays in its sole discretion), and we may invite other participants to attend.
- The sessions and workshops during the Programme are intended in part to be interactive and therefore the content may be influenced by attendee participation. As such, the session or workshop leader may focus on specific elements of the planned content only, as a result of such participation.
- We will not charge you for taking part in the Programme and we may withdraw or change any part of the Programme for any reason at any time including (but not limited to) to comply with both governmental and Barclays’ policies and guidance issued from time to time in relation to Covid-19 restrictions.
During the Programme each Participant may be provided with the opportunity to apply for one or more mentorship sessions arranged by Capital Enterprise.
Due to limits on numbers, there is no guarantee that each Participant will be provided with a place on a mentorship session.
The mentors used during the Programme may be employees or sub-contractors of Barclays or Capital Enterprise and it is each Participant’s responsibility to ensure that they adequately protect their Confidential Information before any discussions with mentors take place.
During the Programme and if selected by Barclays, the Participant may present its Programme Output to Barclays and certain pre-selected observers at the Demo Day.Whether or not a Demo Day is held during the Programme is at the sole discretion of Barclays.
Filming and Promotional Activities
- During the Programme, Barclays may wish to film or otherwise record your involvement and participation in the Programme for the purposes of Barclays’ internal and/or external marketing and promotion activities.
- By entering into these Terms, you consent to Barclays filming your involvement in the Programme, and for Barclays to use the recording for marketing and promotional purposes.
- The recording shall be Intellectual Property Rights owned by Barclays and you hereby waive any and all rights you may have in the recording (including any moral rights).
- The Participant shall cooperate in full with all reasonable requests of Barclays regarding any marketing and promotional activities regarding the Participant’s involvement in the Programme, whether such requests are made before, during and/or after the Programme.
Restrictions on your use of Programme Materials
You will not use any Programme Materials for any unlawful or unauthorised purposes and will not copy, modify, distribute or create derivative works of any Programme Materials. Other than your use of the same in accordance with these Terms, you will not otherwise use or access Programme Materials.
Feedback and Insights
During the Programme, Barclays and Capital Enterprise will gather Feedback on (and generate Insights from) your involvement in the Programme. You agree that we can use your Feedback and Insights to further develop and modify our products and services in the future.
- You must keep any Confidential Information in connection with the Programme shared between us and you to yourself and only use such information for the purposes of this Programme. This includes, but is not limited to, the Programme Materials, your Feedback and Insights, login credentials provided to you (if any) to access parts of the programme delivered virtually and these Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All Intellectual Property Rights belonging to either party prior to the execution of these Terms shall remain vested in that party.
- You agree that all rights, titles and interests in any Intellectual Property Rights in any Feedback or Insights (not including any background Intellectual Property Rights relating to your business) will be owned by, and vest absolutely in, Barclays
- Any Intellectual Property Rights created or otherwise developed by you during the course of the Programme shall vest in yourself and/or your business.
- Any Intellectual Property Rights created or otherwise developed by Barclays during the course of the Programme (or otherwise) shall vest in Barclays and be Barclays’ Intellectual Property Rights.
- Nothing in these Terms shall in any way grant any rights of use or ownership in Barclays’ or Capital Enterprise Intellectual Property Rights to the Participant unless the Participant is informed of any such rights in writing.
- In using any Barclays’ Intellectual Property Rights, the Participant shall not: (a) alter any materials containing Barclays’ Intellectual Property Rights or (b) infringe the Intellectual Property Rights or any other rights of any third party.
- In respect to Programme Materials provided to Participants by Capital Enterprise or Barclays, Capital Enterprise and Barclays (as the case may be) shall grant Participants a non-exclusive, royalty free non-sub licensable, perpetual and irrevocable licence to use the Intellectual Property Rights in the Programme Materials for the period of the Term only.
Data, cookies and other information
- Each party shall comply with all Data Protection Legislation including (where applicable) by maintaining any valid and up-to-date registration or notifications required under the Data Protection Legislation.
- You will not provide any personal information relating to another identified or identifiable individual as part of the Programme.
- To the extent that we collect personal data as part of the Programme, we will only collect and process such personal data as required for the purposes of this Programme.
No warranty and disclaimers
- The Programme and Programme Materials are provided “as-is”, and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, no member of the Barclays group makes any warranty, representation, or undertaking, express or implied, as to the Programme and Programme Materials or any information or materials provided (in writing or otherwise) in connection with the same, including any implied warranties of design, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- The content of the Programme is educational only and provided on a non-reliance basis. Accordingly, neither Barclays nor any person acting on our behalf (including Capital Enterprise) may be held responsible for the use made of any information, guidance, advice, comments or opinions given during the Programme.
- Any comments, views or opinions expressed by any Barclays or Capital Enterprise personnel involved in the Programme (or, for the avoidance of doubt, any other participant on the Programme) do not necessarily reflect the official opinion of Barclays.
- Nothing provided by Barclays or Capital Enterprise during the Programme should be considered investment, legal or tax advice, and you should always seek independent advice in these regards.
- Nothing in these Terms, your participation in the Programme, or any advice given by any member of the Barclays’ group shall establish a fiduciary relationship or joint enterprise between you and any member of the Barclays’ group.
- Neither party excludes its liability where it is unlawful to do so, for example death or personal injury caused by negligence or fraud.
- Neither party will be liable to the other party for any indirect or consequential loss or damages (including any indirect loss of business, revenues, goodwill or profits) arising out of or in connection with these Terms, in each case whether arising from tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
- We shall not be responsible to you for any loss suffered by you where you have breached these Terms. For any other loss, other than as set out in clauses 13.1 and 13.2, our maximum aggregate liability to you in connection with these Terms will not exceed £100.
- Save as expressly set out in this clause 13 we shall not be liable to you for any losses arising out of your participation in this Programme.
- We reserve the right to cancel the Programme or your participation in the Programme for any reason at any time and without prior notice.
- You can stop your participation in the Programme at any time by giving written notice to us.
- On termination of the Programme, if informed by Barclays that you may no longer access or attempt to access the Programme Materials you will immediately deliver all Programme Materials to Barclays in whatever medium that are within your control. After this you will destroy or permanently erase any such materials that are within your control (including back-up copies).
- On termination of the Programme for whatever reason clauses 1, 2, 9, 10, 11, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 and 15 in these Terms shall continue in full force and effect thereafter along with any other clause that contemplates performance, application or observance following termination of these Terms.
- Severability and no waiver. If any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable by a court of competent authority, all other provisions will not be affected. If we do not exercise any right provided for in these Terms or delay doing so, this does not mean that we waive the right to exercise it in the future.
- Governing law and jurisdictions. These Terms, and all disputes, claims, controversies, disagreements, actions and proceedings arising out of or in connection with them (including any non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and all proceedings relating to these Terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Third party rights. Nothing in these Terms shall create any right enforceable by any third party and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms.
- Entire agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter, and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, in relation to that subject matter.
Barclays Bank UK PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number: 759676) with company registration number 9740322 and registered address at 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.