We can’t wait to welcome you back to Eagle Labs. It’s been a long few months and like you, we’re looking forward to getting back to work.
You’ll see from the email we sent you that we’ve introduced a number of changes at our spaces to help you and your teams feel safe while at your Lab.
Here’s Sam with a quick intro to some of the change we’ve made.
As we requested in the email we sent you, we do need to know when and who from your team will be returning to the Lab so that we can ensure we’re meeting the latest Government guidance, so please let your Ecosystem Manager have these details as soon as possible.
We’ve also updated your membership agreement to include the Eagle Labs Site Return Policy set out below. By returning to the Lab, you are agreeing to comply with these terms that have been designed to help protect you and the welfare of all our members and colleagues.
Eagle Labs Site Return Policy
In line with our workplace safety standards, we have added the following terms to our membership agreement with you for you to follow. You must now comply with the following policy pursuant to your membership agreement:
The following Policy has been put in place as part of your membership agreement.
- By attending any Eagle Lab site, you agree to comply with, and ensure all your personnel and guests comply with this Policy
- As members of Eagle Labs, you are responsible for ensuring that you, your personnel and any guests follow this Policy.
- In addition, you should continue to stay up-to-date with Government policy, and must continue to act in accordance with the latest guidance when attending any Eagle Lab (found at the GOV.UK website).
- Failure to adhere to this Policy may result in restriction of your access to Eagle Lab sites and/or termination of your membership, at Eagle Labs sole discretion.
Eagle Labs Site Return Policy:
- Before Returning to the Lab, please ensure you have had a conversation with your Labs Team so we can ensure capacity can be managed in line with Social Distancing requirements.
- Continue to follow Social Distancing guidelines in all parts of the site, including access points and car parks, as defined by the Government advice (gov.uk/coronavirus). Floor markings and signage on-site will help you to do this and give you practical information on how to stay safe.
- Regularly wash hands and sanitise according to Government advice. Hand sanitiser and soap will be available on-site for your use.
- You must notify your Ecosystem Manager or on-site Lab team as soon as you or someone in your household becomes unwell or experiences any symptoms of COVID-19. We ask that you leave the Eagle Labs premises immediately and contact NHS 111 for further guidance.
- Barclays require that you must self-isolate for 14 days if you or someone in your household become unwell or experience any symptoms of COVID-19, and not return to labs until all symptoms are fully clear. If you are unsure, contact NHS 111 for further guidance.
- If you are classed as Vulnerable or Shielded person, or a carer for a Vulnerable / Shielded person, we recommend you continue to follow Government advice.
- Please consider other Residents and your surroundings when using the communal areas (including breakout spaces, restrooms, kitchens and access points) to ensure you can maintain Social Distancing. Please avoid touching surfaces and ensure spaces are kept as clean as possible. Anti-bacterial wipes will be made available for your use. Please also help us to keep the site clean and safer by limiting your movement around the site where possible.
- Until further notice and to help keep our residents safe in line with Social Distancing guidelines, access to the site is for members only - no visitors or children to be admitted to sites. This will allow us to manage capacity and ensure there is enough space to maintain Social Distancing guidelines for our members.
- Occupancy within all private offices may be reduced to ensure we can operate in line with Government guidance on Social Distancing. Your Ecosystem / Lab Manager will be in touch to advise you on your individual circumstances and options.
- We will assign you a dedicated desk each day – you should only use this desk when on site. Small changes can make a big difference to reduce risk – such as not sharing equipment (e.g. pens, staplers etc.)
- Avoid use of lifts on premises where possible, using stairs instead (remembering to wash your hands after using handrails / doors). Where lifts must be used, capacity must be reduced following your site guidelines so that Social Distancing is maintained.
- We ask for only essential goods to be delivered to sites. Please only handle your own post and dispose of envelopes / packaging immediately after opening and wash hands thoroughly afterwards. Goods received should be disinfected with antiviral wipes or other suitable cleaning materials before being opened.
- We will supply disposable cutlery and cups for use on-site, to be used instead of metal cutlery / mugs / crockery. They are then to be disposed of in the bins provided. We will also be providing single-serve sachets of salt / pepper / milk for your convenience. You must wipe down all food packaging and wash your hands before eating.
- Any external food deliveries must be collected outside the premises.
- You are responsible for the cleaning of your personal equipment (keyboards, desktop equipment etc.) - Anti-bacterial wipes will be made available for you use. Please ensure your desks / offices are clean and clear to enable our cleaners to work around your equipment.
- When using equipment (coffee machines, printers, conference phones) wash your hands thoroughly before and after use. Maker Space equipment must only be used if you have been trained to do so and signed off by an Eagle Labs Engineer.
- If, due to the ongoing crisis or otherwise, Barclays deems that it and/or its partners are unable to staff an Eagle Lab site appropriately, then it may elect (at its discretion) to close or restrict access (and/or services) at such site for a period of time, in which case Barclays will seek to notify any members that may be affected as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Complimentary face coverings will be provided, or you may choose to use your own, and we recommend that these at a minimum are worn in high traffic areas of the site (and in all cases you should continue to monitor and adhere to the latest Government Guidelines in relation to face coverings).
As a quick recap, we’ve introduced:
- enhanced cleaning and hygiene throughout the Lab - especially in communal areas such as the kitchen and bathrooms
- social distancing throughout the space
- pre-allocated seating in all co-working areas
- increased sanitisation equipment for your regular use
- clear on-site signage and instructions
We’re here to answer any of your questions so please do reach out to your Ecosystem Manager or Lab team and we’ll do our best to help you.